Activated by 104 CI 101 Roy
104 CI 102 Syl
Normal contribution : $2 or 2 € + SAE
NO QRZ on the envelope PLEASE
Coordinates : 42°8′31.55″N 9°33′21.33″E
The Tower of Diana (Tour de Diane) is an ancient Genoese tower located in the commune of Aléria on the east coast of Corsica Island.
It is situated at the entrance of the pond of Diane which is famous for its production of oysters.
The Tower was built by the republic of Genoa at around 1582 to prevent attacks from Barbary pirates who were coming from all around the mediterranean area.
The tower was guarded by two soldiers who were based in fort Matra in Aleria.
We will be active from time to time when conditions permit.
Our working conditions consist of a Yaesu 857D and a Santagio 1200 mobile antenna.